Your family dentist in Temecula, CA, Nash Dental Care, wants to help take care of you and your teeth. Here are some common foods that can potentially damage your teeth and cause dental emergencies.
- Hard candy can chip your teeth when you bite into them. They also have a lot of sugar.
- Chewing ice can also break down your teeth and damage your enamel.
- Drinking too much alcohol can cause dehydration and increase your chances of getting oral cancer. Alcohol reduces how much saliva is in your mouth which can cause tooth decay.
- Sports drinks, such as Gatorade, have a lot of sugar that damages your teeth. Drinking water is a much healthier option, for not only your overall health, but also your teeth.
- Citrus is acidic and causes enamel to erode while also leading to tooth decay.
- Soda and energy drinks, have a very high sugar content. Sugar leads to bacteria build up in your mouth and around your teeth.
- Coffee stains your teeth. The amount of sugar you add can also lead to tooth decay.
Nash Dental Care, your Temecula dental office, is here in case of any dental emergencies. Call us and set up an appointment if you notice your teeth are damaged. We want you to achieve great oral health and get the beautiful smile that you deserve!